The RAIN group has just released a powerful new white paper on a subject near and dear to all sales hearts: prospecting.
The study detailed in this white paper set out to find:
- What is it like for buyers to be sold to every day?
- Do buyers truly give people meetings that they’ve never met before?
- If so, what does the seller do to get them to take a meeting?
- If the buyer dismisses a seller because they don’t want to work with them, what did the seller do to get dismissed?
- When we have the meetings, do they actually turn into business?
This comprehensive study was conducted on 488 buyers representing $ 4.2 billion in purchasing power across 25 industries.
Also interviewed were 489 sellers whose job at least partially includes prospecting. They were asked:
- What works for them when they get meetings?
- What doesn’t work?
- For those that get better meetings and have better conversions into sales, what do they do differently?
RAIN Group President and best-selling author Mike Schultz sat down with host John Golden to go over the high points of this study, with special emphasis on the results dealing with buyer behavior. You won’t want to miss it.
Mike Schultz is the president of RAIN Group, Director of RAIN Group Center for Sales Research, and bestselling author of Rainmaking Conversations and Insight Selling. He has worked with clients such as Hitachi, BNY Mellon, Lowes, Aon Hewitt, SAP, Deloitte, and hundreds of others to unleash sales potential.
John Golden is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories. He recently published his second book Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged thought leader, John has a passion for small to medium businesses. He is CSO and CMO at Pipeliner CRM.
Pipeliner CRM empowers sellers to precisely track buyer behavior. Download a free trial now.