Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Mobile & desktop SEO: Different results, different content strategies
Sep 7, 2017 by Jim Yu
You can’t simply make your site responsive and truly call it mobile-ready, argues contributor Jim Yu. To really adjust to the dramatic rise of mobile search, you need to understand how people are using these devices for finding things.
- How computer vision may impact the future of marketing
Sep 7, 2017 by Daniel Faggella
How is computer vision changing the face of marketing? Columnist Daniel Faggella takes a look at three current applications and the promise they hold for marketers.
- Google reportedly looking at buying HTC’s phone unit, expands Android One program
Sep 7, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Google previously owned, then sold Motorola. It might get back into the handset business with an investment or purchase of HTC.
- Live Chat Best Practices for Conversion Rate Optimization
Sep 7, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
As many as three-quarters of website visitors abandon their shopping carts, and nearly 50 percent bounce from your site. Wouldn’t it be great if you could read your website visitors’ body language while they are browsing — and better understand which visitors you can profitably engage with and what they need to make those purchases?
- A brief history of customer loyalty
Sep 7, 2017 by Shawn Gold
From the early days of 18th century loyalty programs, techniques to improve customer loyalty have considerably evolved. Contributor Shawn Gold takes a look at the next iteration and how it can benefit your brand this holiday season.
- The holy grail of engagement starts with your employees
Sep 7, 2017 by Karen Steele
If your employees aren’t engaged, your marketing efforts will be for naught. Columnist Karen Steele discusses four ways to help you create a culture of engagement in your organization.
- Avoid programmatic fraud with these strategic tips
Sep 7, 2017 by Soo Jin Oh
Programmatic ad fraud is a looming problem for marketers, but contributor Soo Jin Oh lays out some strategies that can help you combat it.
- How Dr. Martens’ VP of digital & e-commerce is using martech to create ‘super-audiences’
Sep 7, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Kyle Duford, the Global Digital Lead for Dr. Martens, will be a part of the ‘Creating Superaudiences: Personalizing the Customer Experience’ panel at MarTech Boston.
- IDC’s Gerry Murray: AI isn’t just one thing
Sep 7, 2017 by Barry Levine
Like the Industrial Revolution, he says, it’s about many things, but its base skill is handling huge volumes of decision-making.
- DemandJump releases Traffic Cloud platform to track origins of your — and your competitors’ — site traffic
Sep 7, 2017 by Barry Levine
The tool, now out of beta, shows traffic sources going back three levels and makes recommendations on where to spend to increase visitors.
- Instagram starts testing Facebook’s app-like Canvas ads within Stories feed
Sep 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Last year, Facebook said it would bring the immersive ad format to Instagram. Now it’s beginning to do so.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry