Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Personalization & machine learning in 2018: From comms to content
Jan 4, 2018 by Blaise Lucey
Columnist Blaise Lucey discusses how marketers will need to look toward machine learning and data in 2018 to help them connect with their audiences.
- How much will privacy regulation disrupt the local search market in 2018?
Jan 4, 2018 by Wesley Young
Columnist Wesley Young covers a growing storm of events that are likely to culminate in substantial regulatory change and analyzes the impact that can have on the local search industry.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s New Year’s resolution is to solve Facebook’s issues
Jan 4, 2018 by Tim Peterson
“Facebook has a lot of work to do,” company’s CEO writes in Facebook post announcing his 2018 personal challenge.
- Unite your team at SMX West! Save big on SEO & SEM training with group rates!
Jan 4, 2018 by Marketing Land
SMX West will be here before you know it! The largest gathering of search marketers on the West Coast is happening March 13-15 in San Jose, California. You’ll get three days of unparalleled SEO & SEM training — more than 60 thoughtfully sequenced, expert-led sessions and keynotes across eight deep-dive tracks.
- Terminus buys BrightFunnel, adding multichannel analytics to its ABM-targeted ad campaigns
Jan 4, 2018 by Barry Levine
The purchase is one step in Terminus’s plan to expand beyond display ads.
- Increase of extortion-fueled reputation attacks points to a need for legal change
Jan 4, 2018 by Chris Silver Smith
Columnist Chris Silver Smith believes that as more people suffer online reputation attacks, lawmakers must modify legislation to help innocent victims fight back.
- New report: Customer Data Platforms doubled over last year
Jan 4, 2018 by Barry Levine
The growth is being propelled by CDPs that add customer engagement to their golden record of customer data.
- Survey: Amazon Echo owners spend $ 400 per year more than Prime subscribers on Amazon
Jan 3, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Echo owners spend on average $ 1,700 per year vs. $ 1,300 for Prime members.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for February 2018, Practical Ecommerce
- 7 Ways to Completely Blow Your Online Advertising Budget, Crazy Egg
- Artificial intelligence won’t take over media buying anytime soon, Digiday
- Battle-Tested Social Media Marketing Strategies That Bloggers Can Do in Minutes, The Blog Herald
- How Google’s Chrome Ad-Blocker Could Change Digital Advertising, CMS
- How to Know It’s Time to Update Your Landing Page, Marketo
- Instagram tests letting users post Stories directly to WhatsApp, TechCrunch
- Simpler testing with new AdMob test ads, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Top Mobile Advertising Challenges for Marketers, MarketingProfs
- Voice Search: Is Your Content Prepared for the Verbal Revolution?, Content Marketing Institute