Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How Amazon dominates the competitive search landscape
Mar 8, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Analysis of consumer electronics and department store retail categories in the US and UK suggests that Amazon’s paid search ad spend is behind the e-commerce giant’s continued market growth. The scale and impact of their paid search investments eclipses their closest rivals.
- SourceMedia moves into dynamic native ads
Mar 8, 2018 by Barry Levine
The publisher is launching three types of native ads designed to move a B2B buyer along in the buying funnel.
- Mobile marketing: How to fulfill the app retention mandate
Mar 8, 2018 by Kristin Cronin
Getting a user to install and launch your mobile app is only half of the battle. Contributor Kristin Cronin explains how you can keep people happy and engaged.
- Google AMP team launches ‘Render on Idle’ to load ads faster when browsers sit idle
Mar 8, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
The feature works automatically with DoubleClick AMP ad tag and for ad networks using Fast Fetch.
- YouTube Studio moving out of beta with 3 new metrics & redesigned dashboard
Mar 8, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Creators will soon have access to impressions, click-through rates and unique viewer metrics to measure how their videos are performing.
- 30 questions to ask that so-called PPC ‘expert’ before hiring him/her
Mar 8, 2018 by John Lincoln
Just say no to the expert if he/she can’t answer the following 30 PPC, content and remarketing questions, says contributor John Lincoln.
- The ultimate guide to bot herding and spider wrangling
Mar 8, 2018 by Stephan Spencer
In Part 1 of a three-part series, Columnist Stephan Spencer does a deep dive into bots, explaining what they are and why crawl budgets are important.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 23 Ideas for Marketing Posts on Instagram, MarketingProfs
- 6 fresh social media content ideas for spring, VerticalResponse
- Connecting Women in Business, Facebook Business
- How can marketers avoid controversial campaigns?, Econsultancy
- International Ecommerce Issues: How to Diagnose through Data, Shopify
- Morningstar shares their marketing stack in The Stackies, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Snapchat’s Insights Tool: Too Lil, Too Late for Top Influencers?, MediaKix
- Social Doubt: Beware the downside of social proof in social media marketing, MarketingSherpa Blog
- Three ways GDPR will make us all smarter, Digiday
- Why a Digital Mindset Is Key to Digital Transformation, CMS Wire