Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- A balanced approach to data-driven SEO
Dec 13, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
SEOs have access to massive amounts of data, and columnist Ryan Shelley asserts that we must learn how to overcome information overload and focus on what drives results.
- 2017: The year identity changed everything
Dec 13, 2017 by Mike Sands
Columnist Mike Sands takes a look back at this year’s notable events in digital advertising and examines the underlying theme of identity that’s transforming brands.
- Samsung Galaxy had the most-watched ad on YouTube in November with 23.9M views
Dec 13, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The ad owned more than a third of the views generated by the top 10 ads combined last month.
- Why the end of Google’s ‘First Click Free’ is a step in the right direction
Dec 13, 2017 by Ben Barokas
Subscription-based consumption is on the rise, and contributor Ben Barokas believes Google’s move should spur publishers to take control of their monetization strategies.
- Retail is better off without Black Friday
Dec 13, 2017 by Evan Magliocca
With Black Friday discounts lasting weeks and even months, retailers can’t keep pace with the likes of Amazon and Walmart. Contributor Evan Magliocca discusses how brands must evolve in order to thrive.
- Facebook ads can now link to brands’ WhatsApp accounts
Dec 13, 2017 by Tim Peterson
After rolling out verified profiles for businesses on WhatsApp, Facebook is adding a tool for brands to promote their presence.
- New report: Brands set budgets and expectations for GDPR compliance
Dec 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
Conducted by Forrester for governance solution provider Evidon, the study indicates that companies doing business in Europe are gearing up.
- Net pioneers tell FCC: ‘You don’t understand how the internet works’
Dec 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
An open letter by key inventors of the internet asks the federal agency to delay its vote on Thursday on whether to remove net neutrality.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 2017 Email Marketing Report Card: Did Your Program Make the Grade?, Multichannel Merchant
- 5 Things to Know About B2B and B2C Content Marketing, Vertical Measures
- 95 Tools to Help You Be the Best Email Marketer on the Planet, AWeber
- Align with Amazon’s strategy for marketplace success, Practical Ecommerce
- Data & analytics trends in 2018: What do the experts predict?, Econsultancy
- Do Customer Journeys Get Marketers Where They Want to Go?, CMS Wire
- Facebook plans to stop paying publishers to make news feed videos, Digiday
- Five Trends That Will Shape Mobile Adtech in 2018, MarketingProfs
- Forrester: YouTube is most popular social site for 12- to 17-year-olds, Mobile Marketer
- How Social Media Marketers Can Leverage Marketing Technology, eMarketer