Have you discovered a pretty looking site and are you now wondering what WordPress theme that blog is using? There’s a quick way to find out.
Step-by-step process to look up what WordPress theme a site is using
- Visit the site in question
- Right-click anywhere on the blog page
- Click on “View Page Source“
- On the source page, search for and find “style.css” or “/themes/“
- The code you find will look something like this: domain.com/wp-content/themes/theme-name/style.css
- In place of the “theme-name” you would have the name of the WordPress theme that blog is using
- You can also click on the “style.css” link
- On the top of style.css file you will find further details such as the theme author and the URL where you can learn more about the theme
- On my blog you see this for instance:
Theme Name: Academy Pro Theme URI: https://my.studiopress.com/themes/academy/ Description: The theme for online course creators. Author: StudioPress Author URI: https://www.studiopress.com/ Version: 1.0.4
So now you have all the details that you need. No fancy WordPress theme detector tool needed either.
Now you can go to the Appearance menu in your WordPress blog dashboard and activate the theme that you discovered. These are the other steps you can take to make your blog design pretty.
What if no theme name is showing when viewing page source?
Some blogs use a custom WordPress theme solution that’s built from scratch. Some try to hide their theme name one reason or another. This makes it pretty much impossible to know the theme name unless you ask them.